What to do:
- Select a movie from the list, copy&paste or type some text,
or upload a text file and click "Get recommendations". The results
will then show here.
- For more information, see the Examples and FAQ links at the bottom of the page.
What it does:
The MovieOracle will analyze the text you give it and recommend movies with similar content.
How rating works:
The MovieOracle does not use human rating or categorizing of movies.
- The similarity is computed by analyzing the content of
the text you provide and comparing it to
the movie contents the MovieOracle already knows.
What to upload:
You can upload any movie subtitle or text.
- Since the MovieOracle reads your text, it can recommend on all texts or movies, not
just the ones stored in the data base.
- Of course, recommendations can only be movies it already knows. We update the
data base with more movies frequently.
- You can upload stories, books or any other text and get recommendations on these.
- Or just type something like "Jedi Knight" and see what happens.
Text and file size limitations:
For now, please only upload plain text files not larger than 500K.
- Larger uploads will be rejected.
We are working to allow larger uploads and also to incorporate other formats, like PDF.
What the MovieOracle knows:
We have processed about 250 movies for now and are adding more every week. If you want to help, please send us an email.
(Move the mouse into the panel to stop cycling or click a circle below.)